Health Careers Information Sessions
We invite you to attend a health careers information session to learn more about our programs, the admission process, clinicals, and selective admission process.
What do information sessions cover?
An information session typically covers the following things. RSVP is required. Sessions are open to current and potential students.
- Hear from the program faculty and current students
- Get career information
- Learn about the essential qualifications (physical and behavioral)
- Learn about curriculum and expenses
- Find out what to expect in clinicals, including time commitments
- Learn about selective admission criteria, process, point system and class selection
- Get information on background checks, health forms, drug and alcohol screening, and other requirements
When are information sessions? Email RSVP IS REQUIRED as space is limited. Be sure to include your name, HACCid, phone and email address, along with date and time of session you wish to attend.
- Attend a (90-minute) dental hygiene program mandatory information session in Harrisburg. Fall 2019 dates and times. RSVP required - Email RSVPDHadvising@hacc.edu to reserve your seat. Space is limited and sessions fill quickly. Include your name, HACCID, phone number and email address along with the date and time you plan to attend. No one will be admitted once the session has started so please arrive early.
- Wed 10/30 8:00AM - Select Medical Room 103
- Wed 11/20 6:00PM - Select Medical Room 103 - THIS SESSION IS FULL!
- Wed 12/4 Zoom (online) Meeting 8:00AM (RSVP for Zoom required by 11/29 - information provided after you RSVP). Due to this Mandatory Information Session being online through Zoom, there will be no tour of the clinic. Please contact Mrs. Ostrander, Program Director if you would like to schedule a tour. Please plan for the session to be at least 60 minutes in length. Students who enter the Zoom session late and will not be admitted.
- Attend a Diagnostic Medical Sonography (DMS) information session during your first semester at HACC - Preregistration required - email firstname.lastname@example.org - include your name, HACCID, phone number and email address and indicate DMS information session. Space is limited!
|Monday, October 28||2-4 pm||Hbg Campus Select Medical Room 103|
|Thursday, November 14||2-4 pm||Hbg Campus Select Medical Room 107|
- Attend a Radiologic Technology (X-Ray) information session. Mandatory pre-application information session HELD DURING THE SPRING SEMESTER. These are all held at LANCASTER CAMPUS (map and directions). Rooms all TBDL: Email your RSVP to email@example.com. Provide your name, HACC ID, phone number and the date/time you plan to attend.
- Monday, February 10, 2020 – 9-10am, Lanc East 225
- Monday, February 24, 2020 – 1-2pm, Lanc East 318
- Monday, March 16, 2020 - 5-6pm, Lanc East 213
- Wednesday, April 1, 2020 – 11am-12pm, Lanc East 225
- Wednesday, April 22, 2020 – 4-5pm, Lanc East 225
- Attend a Nursing information session. Preregistration required. Sessions tend to last about 2 hours - one hour presentation followed by a question/answer period. Get answers to all your nursing questions and learn about the following:
- Nursing careers
- HACC's programs
- Time commitment
- Essential Qualifications/Background Checks/Health Forms
- Application process
RSVP to Patsy Lavinia - firstname.lastname@example.org - be sure to include your name, HACCID and the date and time you wish to attend.
|Friday, October 25||1 pm||Main 222|
RSVP to Aziza Kasmi - email@example.com - be sure to include your name, HACCID, email, phone number and the date and time you wish to attend.
|Monday, November 4||4-6 pm||Select Medical (SMHEP) Room 203|
|All York sessions are scheduled to last 1.5 hrs and include a question & answer opportunity||
2010 Pennsylvania Avenue, York 17404
|No RSVP required. Please arrive on time!|
|Wednesday, November 13||10 am||Leader Building Room 117|
|Thursday, November 21||6 pm||Leader Building Room 117|
|Monday, November 25||2 pm||Leader Building Room 117|
|Monday, December 2||6 pm||Leader Building Room 117|
|Tuesday, December 3||10 am||Leader Building Room 117|
|Wednesday, December 4||2 pm||Leader Building Room 117|