Paying For School

Pay for School

Cost should not stop you from getting your college education. HACC's tuition is lower than most four-year colleges. We also participate in federal and state programs. These programs can help you fund your education.


Do I qualify for financial aid?

Financial aid can cover your HACC tuition and fees. To find out if you qualify for financial aid and to what amount:

  • Fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
  • All state and federal financial aid and scholarships require a FAFSA application. This includes grants and scholarships as well as government loans.


How do I get started?
Make sure you file your federal income tax returns. If applicable, your parents must file their federal income tax returns.

Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). You need to complete the FAFSA every year.

  • You will need a FSA ID (Federal Student Aid ID) to electronically sign your FAFSA and access online systems. The FSA ID will act as your legal, online signature.
  • At least one parent must apply for a FSA ID if you are a dependent student. A PIN allows them to electronically sign your FAFSA.
  • You can complete the FAFSA using the myStudentAid app. Download the myStudentAid app in the Apple App Store or Google Play or online at FAFSA.  Llene su FAFSA en Español
  • HACC's school code is 003273.

We recommend filing the FAFSA by Feb 15 for the upcoming fall and spring terms. If it is after Feb 15, you may still receive grants and loans.

Students who want to be considered for PA State Grants must complete the FAFSA by May 1.

What other ways can I reduce the cost?

  • Take advantage of HACC's payment plan. HACC has payment plan options that allow you to pay your bill over a longer period of time. You must make each payment on time.
  • Submit a Certificate of Residency. There are 22 sponsoring school districts in Dauphin, Cumberland and Perry counties. If you live in one of these school districts, you may be eligible for a 35% discount on your tuition and fees.
  • Explore scholarships. You can receive HACC scholarships and scholarships from other organizations. Always check with guidance counselors, community organizations and places of employment to find available scholarships. The Internet is a good resource for finding outside scholarships.
  • Take advantage of campus resources. The HACC staff cannot file the FAFSA on your behalf. We do have financial aid staff at each campus to answer your questions. We also have computers at each campus Welcome Center. Use the computers to start filing your FAFSA. 

How do I manage my financial aid?
HACC gives you a User ID and PIN for your myHACC Account after admission. You can access all the functions you need to perform as a student. These include:

  • Financial aid awards
  • Messages
  • Requirements that relate to your account