HACC Students

Transferring from HACC

Transfer Agreements
HACC works with many institutions to ensure successful student transfers. We have a variety of agreements with several colleges. Learn more about our specific agreements here.

Transfer Scholarship Opportunity
Through funding provided by the National Science Foundation for a grant project called Clear Path, East Stroudsburg University is offering scholarships to full-time students transferring from a community college who will major in STEM disciplines. You could qualify for a $20,000 scholarship! Learn more about ESU's scholarship here.

How can I find more information on transferring from HACC?

Search for Transfer information and Checksheets by College:

Download Degree Completion Programs in Harrisburg (pdf). 


How can I successfully plan my transfer?

Your HACC courses must meet your transfer institution's requirements. To plan a successful transfer, you should:

  • Select your specific transfer college as soon as possible.
  • Choose a transfer curriculum. 
  • Work with your advisor to select required transfer courses.
  • Review HACC's transfer information. This includes transfer checksheets, comprehensive transfer notebooks, course equivalencies, transfer agreements, college directories and catalogs.


When can I transfer?

You can transfer at any time; however, consider completing your degree at HACC first. Transferring with an associate degree provides advance standing at a 4-year institution and also makes it more likely that you will be successful in your quest for a baccalaureate degree. Remember that before transferring, you must apply to and be accepted at the 4-year destination.


I transferred into HACC. Will my next transfer institution accept the same credits that HACC did? 

Your transfer institution may not accept the transfer credits that HACC did. HACC's transfer credit decisions do not reflect the decision of any other institution.

You will need to send official transcripts when you apply for transfer. These transcripts must include all coursework from schools you previously attended.


What is dual-admission agreement?
A dual-admission agreement is a cooperative partnership between HACC and a four-year college or university. It is for students interested in pursuing a bachelor degree.

This agreement will:

  • Facilitate your admission process
  • Transfer your associate degree credits into a bachelor degree program
  • Help ensure you do not lose any time or money

There are 18 colleges and universities you can choose from for a dual-admission agreement. Download Dual Admission Information (pdf) for more information on dual admissions.


What is an articulation agreement?
Articulation agreements determine how credit is transferred into HACC or another institution.


How can I learn more about agreements?
Visit our partner page.


Can I transfer to an institution if HACC does not have a formal agreement?

Yes, HACC forms local, preferred partner transfer agreements with many Central Pennsylvania colleges and universities, but students have the option to transfer to other institutions as well. Students should contact the institution to which they plan to transfer for more information about how HACC credits can be transferred.