Keystone Education Yields Success (KEYS) Program
KEYS is a collaborative program between the Pennsylvania Department of Human Services (DHS) and the Pennsylvania Commission for Community Colleges and helps students succeed at community college.
For Summer 2023 semester
KEYS staff are available to meet with students Monday through Thursday.
Enrolled KEYS students will receive emails through Navigate to schedule an appointment with their facilitators. In addition, students can use their facilitator’s Navigate Availability link to schedule meetings.
KEYS in person office hours vary by campus to meet the unique needs of enrolled KEYS students. As a result of our focus on serving students and meeting students’ needs at all 5 campuses, walk-in services may not be available. We invite you to confirm on-campus availability prior to visiting without a scheduled appointment. If you visit our office during these hours and no one is available or staff are with students, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information or reference the resources placed outside each individual KEYS office. Thank you.
Why should I enroll in the KEYS program?
Enrolling in the KEYS program offers many benefits. You get:
- Academic support
- Career counseling
- College and community resource information
- Financial assistance (transportation, child care, books .etc.)
- Incentives for accomplishments
- Personal encouragement
- Peer support
How does KEYS impact students?
KEYS works by building relationships, connecting students, and breaking barriers. Students see additional benefits through KEYS as they build relationships with program facilitators and peers, are connected to resources in the college and community, and break barriers and cycles of poverty.
Am I eligible?*
You may be eligible for the KEYS program if you:
- Are a student receiving Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) benefits.
- Are a student receiving Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) benefits.
- Want additional training and education in order to obtain employment.
*Eligibility is determined by the County Assistance Offices.
How to apply for SNAP
- Call 1-866-550-4355 to complete an application over the phone
- Online: https://www.compass.state.pa.us/compass.web/Public/CMPHome
- For further assistance, you can contact the Central PA Food Bank
How do I apply for KEYS?