Welcome to the Office of Inclusion, Diversity and Belonging!
At HACC, Central Pennsylvania’s Community College, we view inclusion and diversity as integral to the educational success and continued professional growth of every student and employee. With this focus on fostering success for all, the Office of Inclusion, Diversity and Belonging was founded in 2016. Keeping with our core values, our work implants the value of inclusivity to our institutional identity and creates an atmosphere of belonging in our institutional narrative. Our aim is for HACC to be a truly welcoming, equitable and affirming environment where everyone is empowered as life-long learners. We strive to break down barriers and promote equity and belonging throughout the College.
The Office of Inclusion, Diversity and Belonging works to be inclusive and responsive to the needs of our students. As such, we will be available Monday through Friday 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m. We are pleased to offer limited on-campus appointments, as well as connecting with you via Zoom, email and phone.
Who is the Office of Inclusion, Diversity and Belonging?
Wondering who to contact with questions? This document may help: Who in the Office of Inclusion and Diversity Should I contact?
Several departments fall within our office:
- The Student Access Services Department is designed to break down barriers for students access to education.
- Student Access Services serves students needing accommodations for permanent or temporary disabilities as well as pregnant and parenting students. Employees who need accommodations should contact the Office of Human Resources.
- The CARE Center assists students with navigating non-academic challenges effecting full access to their education, such as: childcare, food, healthcare, housing, mental health and social services, and transportation.
- The Department of Student Engagement and Belonging is designed to support and serve students throughout their HACC experience. Assisting students with in and out of the classroom experiences that promote and encourage inclusion and belonging serves as the overarching goal of this area. There are a number of units within the department and they include:
- The Department of Diversity Studies and Intercultural Student Success contains the Men of Color Initiatives, Harrisburg Promise program, and our Diversity Faculty Fellows initiative.
Messages to the Community
- Statement from John J. “Ski” Sygielski, Ed.D., MBA, president and CEO of HACC - HACC Has No Tolerance for Racial Terrorism – #StopAsianHate
- Statement from John J. “Ski” Sygielski, Ed.D., MBA, president and CEO of HACC - HACC: Uniting Against Racial Injustice
- Statement from the Faculty Senate Cabinet of HACC - Black Lives Matter Statement
- Diversity and Inclusion Statement by HACC’s Classified Employee Organization
- Statement from John J. “Ski” Sygielski, Ed.D., MBA, president and CEO of HACC - HACC is the Community’s College
Additional Information and Events
- HACC hosts numerous inclusion and diversity-related events, including presentations, panel discussions, performances and trainings. Please visit the College calendar for more information.
- College Strategic plan, 2019-22 Strategic Plan - One College, Uniting for Success
- Fund for Inclusive Excellence, one of several funds for excellence designed to allow the College to stay on the cutting-edge of innovation
- Visit our subpages for more information and resources!