Hospitality Management - Certificate (1106)
Do you enjoy working with people and have good communication skills? Do you see yourself in a career that focuses on helping people feel welcome and comfortable while they are away from home?
If you’re looking for a way to turn your people skills into a rewarding career, consider the hospitality field. Our Hospitality Management Certificate is YOUR path to get there.
Once you complete our certificate you are prepared to enter the job market as:
• front office operations managers
• rooms division managers
• convention services managers
• meeting planners
• sales and marketing managers
Explore YOUR career with Career Coach! Career Coach is a helpful tool that will assist you in developing a path from your education to the job market. With Career Coach, you can find:
• Average hourly wages
• Information about possible careers of interest through a variety of search options
• Discover what occupations are in demand within the region you select
• Number of individuals currently employed within that occupation
• Anticipated number of job openings available – just to name a few!
Begin exploring your options now!
Hospitality management, as a field of study, is interdisciplinary. As such, it draws upon a wide range of basic disciplines that gives you the fundamental knowledge and skills required to fulfill the diverse demands placed upon people working in management positions within this field. Our certificate is designed to provide you with the knowledge, commitment, and skills needed for positions in management, marketing, and operations within a growing hospitality industry that provides accommodations and event planning. Also, our certificate helps those individuals who already had earned college credits in other fields of study, or who obtained life experience in other industries, but now wish to pursue new career opportunities within the Hospitality field.
Once you complete our certificate you are prepared to:
• Demonstrate basic skills needed in hospitality organizations
• Display competency in hospitality business subjects required for critical thinking applications
• Demonstrate technical operations, management, and supervisory skills
• Recognize how hospitality organizations work in synergy to enhance the economic viability of geographic areas, both domestic and foreign
• Embrace change to stay current with the ever-changing face of hospitality
• Recognize how specialized training fits into the larger management and societal context
- View summaries of every course at HACC by browsing our class schedules database.
- Review our program guide (pdf) to view a list of required courses, recommended course sequencing and program competencies.
- Browse our advising checksheet (pdf), which is also an excellent tool to help you personalize your course load each term and manage your overall advancement through our programs.
Although this certificate is specifically designed to lead you directly into the workforce, you do have the opportunity to have some of your credits count towards the completion of our associate degree in Hospitality Management.
Once you then complete an associate degree, those credits can transfer credits to a four-year school to pursue a baccalaureate degree.
For your convenience, you can complete the entire program at our Harrisburg Campus.
Yes! Through the HACC Foundation, there are approximately 200 scholarships available. Please visit hacc.edu/scholarships for details and deadlines.
You can complete spring, summer and fall classes at HACC. Submit your application anytime by visiting our website. When you submit your application, make sure to include the specific program code #1106. By using this code, you will ensure you are applying for the correct program.